A Word From the Trenches
Here is an easy and fun way to incorporate safety into a child's lesson.
Ask them to imagine that they are driving a car. Be sure to ask what kind of car, they all know exactly what they would buy if given the chance.
Now talk about the rules of the road.
- When driving, don't stop in the middle of the highway. Pull off on the shoulder to stop.
- The lift attendants are traffic cops. Wait for their signal to go ahead.
- Always stop at stop signs and slow down at slow signs.
- Try not to tailgate other cars.
- Look both ways at intersections and watch for on-coming traffic when merging.
- And always keep both hands on the wheel.